Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Inappropriate Selfies

      It's coming to the end of my day at work. Around this time I usually start to avoid all my little tasks as long at my larger ones are done. The phone still is ringing and patients are still calling for their pain medications. Some of my coworkers are leaving for the day as I still sit here and get the little things done for my Surgeon.
      I usually have a panic attack around this time of day. No reason in particular for the panic attack, it just happens. It used to only happen when I was in a large crowd or a grocery store. Now it just happens when it happens. If it gets really bad I'll text the love of my life and he will say, "focus on your breathing, you're okay." God I love him. I still don't know how I landed such loving and handsome man.
     I didn't tell him that I started this blog, or that I was going to continue it hopefully daily. I'm not really sure what to blog about. My blog is titled Live and Learn. So, I guess I just tell who ever reads this about my experiences in life and what I've learned from them.
     Maybe I won't though. I'm terrified of people knowing the things I've done in my past and all the things I've been through during my 27 years on this earth. I'll have to sleep on that tonight. Do I really want random people knowing about my mistakes and triumphs? Do I even have any triumphs?
     

    As I think about, I'll tell you about something exciting that happened to me today. Every morning as I drive to work I listen to Elvis Duran on 101.3. They always ask their listeners to call in. And I have many times, the line is either busy or they keep me on hold for so long and can't get to my call. So finally today they were talking about taking inappropriate selfies. Like the one that Doctor took with Joan Rivers during her surgery which she died from. So I called once and it was busy as usual and decided hey, I'll just text in my inappropriate selfie story and if they read it yay, if not whatever. So I sent a text that read, 'A surgeon I worked with took a selfie with something he pulled out of a mans ass while he was still in the OR.' Five seconds later my phone was ringing and it said ELVIS. I picked up and it was who they call 'The Worst Assistant Anthony'. He said "OMG I just read your text, can you hold for Elvis?" I did and then as I sat there on hold my heart was pounding out of my chest! I was so nervous. I was driving and my right leg was shaking. I drive a standard so this was looking bad. I was having a panic attack. Then all the sudden I head 'Hello Kaitlyn!" It was Elvis!!! I love him. He makes the start to my day so wonderful. He asked me to tell him the story so I did, and then he asked me if it was okay to tell him what was pulled out of the guys ass. It was a papaya mango aerosol spray can. They were laughing so hard. I love Danielle's contagious laugh. At the end of our short but hilarious convo about this poor mans anal problem he told me I was his favorite caller of the day and asked if he could send me a t-shirt. I was so happy! What a way to start my day :)

So for today that is all. I'll let ya'll know what direction I want to send this blog into later or tomorrow. But it's time for me to pack up my stuff here at work and go home to the love of my life!

Kaitlyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment